Monday, September 29, 2008

focus on social justice and multicultural curriculum

My project focuses on social justice because I am trying to find a way to teach both English learners and native English speakers.  I do not want to give lots of extra attention to one specific group of students; I want to find a method of teaching that will help all of my students.

On a side note.  
Last year all of my students were Hispanic so I focused on Hispanic and American culture though the year.  This year I have 5 Filipino students.  One of these students does not speak much English so I have a Filipino woman who works in my class a few hours a day to tutor this boy.  I am hoping to have her help me teach about the Filipino culture since I have such a large percentage of Filipino students this year.  This will also be an opportunity for me to learn more about the Filipino culture.

No comments: