Monday, September 22, 2008

New Principal

So, this year we have a new principal. Over the past three years I have had two different principals, one good and one not so good. I was a little apprehensive coming into this school year since I had not yet met my new principal.
I'm happy to say that I think my new principal is reasonable and fair. She follows the rules laid down by the district since she is new this year but her goal is to provide the best learning environment possible for our students. She also wants to make the teachers happy in any way she can. She actually comes around to do informal observations, she has already had goal-setting meetings with all of the teachers and she has brought back our staff leadership team. All of these are things that my last principal did not do.

No comments: