Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Results

Unfortunately I have not been able to run my stats so I do not have any official results at this time.  I have, however, looked at the numbers comparing how my ELs did at the beginning of the year compared to the end of the year.  These students made good progress in phonemic awareness activities.  

My plan once I find someone to help me with my stats is to run a number of different tests.  I want to compare how my ELs did in comparison with the rest of the class.  I also want to compare my class from 2007-2008 with my class from 2006-2007 so that I have a control group.  When I look at the numbers it seems that my class as a whole from 2006-2007 did better on these skills, but they had been doing better since the beginning of the year.  I am curious to see if I have any statistically significant data.

1 comment:

Fergusons said...

I think all the analyzing was the most fun for me. I'm a numbers person though and so I enjoyed looking at my own data. I hate looking at CST data or Benchmark data but this data I was excited about. Some things occured that I didn't expect but overall I still learned a lot from it all and so it's purpose was served. I look forward to hearing about your official numbers =).